Thursday, August 7, 2008

Getting Ready to Fly!

I (Tonya) wanted to get in and post my thoughts. I can't let Jason have all the fun. We were awaken early today from our agency giving us an update of how she is doing and there are some health concerns but we will have to wait till we get there and see our Canadian approved doctor to decide if they are too severe for immigration purposes. Nathanael will not be coming with us due to the trip being apx. 10 days and apx. 6 of them are in airports or on planes. We all decided that he would not have much fun and Grandma and Papa's would be much more up his alley.
Packing is interesting as we will only be able to take 20kg/person on the domestic flight in Russia and some that is taken up with camera, laptop, paperwork and a generous donation from Robeez of 25 pairs of shoes for the orphanage. Thank goodness we will be able to do laundry there. I bought some new clothes for the trip... "expecting" clothes that I can wear after too..he,he. On the international trip from Moscow home we will be able to load up with 20lbs/person extra in keepsakes. I'm just so excited to meet her I can hardly sleep or think about anything else! Thanks to everyone sharing in our excitement!

4 comments:

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Happy packing and safe travels!! Enjoy every moment getting to that little girl :)

Rhonda

Freakazojd said...

Yay! Ditto on the safe travels - 6 days out of 10, eh - it's all worth it!
xoxo
Kristina

AMBER said...

Enjoy your tour! Enjoy every seconded of your "EXPECTING" stage my friend. LOVE YOU have a good time!!

sham said...

Hey guys, so glad you made it in safe and sound ( I guess Jason did not need to bring his skydiving equip!!!!) JJ! We look forward to your updates and wish you both a great trip!
Love,
S&L